The problem of unmodified oligos on aminosilane slides

This forum is dedicated to the use and analysis of microarrays and other aspects of chip technology.

Moderators: mdfenko, Abhijeet Bakre

The problem of unmodified oligos on aminosilane slides

Postby DouglasShuckhart » May 20 2008 4:19 am

Since modification is expensive we use unmodified oligos (45-55> mers).We use unmodified oligos on aminosilane slides this year. We
observed that the amino linker is not necessary as long as immobilize oligos on aminosilane slides and the signal intensity is well. But in model experiments on immobilization properties of dye labeled 20mer oligos we found an about 12% difference in signal intensity. In addition, the signal intensity of low concentration probes (﹤0.1μg/μl) is very weak. We use recommend unmodified oligos (Promega) on aminosilane slides and immobilize under mild conditions, e.g. in a 70% humidity chamber at r.t. for at least 16 hours.
I am looking forward to your idea about my problem.
DouglasShuckhart
newcomer
newcomer

Postby albertr » May 30 2008 3:45 am

I am doing this kind of experiments now. I think maybe the aminosilane slide is the problem.
Bad aminosilanes will lead to lower sensitivity and lower bounding efficiency. I also use recommend unmodified oligos(IDT) on aminosilane slides and immobilize under mild conditions(in a 80% humidity chamber at r.t.), and the slides I use are LightArray amino slides. Compared with my former used ones, this company's slides have better bounding efficiency. Maybe you can change your slides supplier and have a try.
albertr
newcomer
newcomer

Return to Microarrays