Cell request

Forum for prokaryotic and eukaryotic culture, cell culture related assays (e.g. CTL, cytokine release, B cell culture), cell lines/primary culture, reagents, etc.

Cell request

Postby sile88314 » Jun 11 2016 3:24 pm

Hi all:
Does anyone know that where can i get the immortalized Human gingival epithelial cells line? buy or a kindly gift?
Thanks a lot!
sile88314
technophile
technophile

Re: Cell request

Postby relaxin » Jun 12 2016 8:09 pm

Did you try ATCC? If they do not have them, search pubmed and find a recent publication using these cells, then ask the author how to get them (if they did not list the source).
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby sile88314 » Jun 13 2016 6:36 am

relaxin wrote:Did you try ATCC? If they do not have them, search pubmed and find a recent publication using these cells, then ask the author how to get them (if they did not list the source).

I've tried ATCC and did not get what i need. Search recent publication and ask their author sounds a good way, i'll check whether it can be work. Thank you relaxin~ :D
sile88314
technophile
technophile

Postby relaxin » Jun 13 2016 3:43 pm

Cells that are growing in someone's lab for a long time may be contaminated with other cells. So you need to verify the cells before doing your experiments. Some journals require verification of the cell line before publishing your paper.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby sile88314 » Jun 14 2016 1:43 am

Ok, I'll pay attention on this.
sile88314
technophile
technophile

Postby relaxin » Jun 14 2016 3:13 pm

ATCC offers cell authentication service.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Cell Culture