cell concentration and seeding

Forum for prokaryotic and eukaryotic culture, cell culture related assays (e.g. CTL, cytokine release, B cell culture), cell lines/primary culture, reagents, etc.

cell concentration and seeding

Postby zusheva » Dec 15 2016 9:15 pm

I am doing proliferation assay with different concentrations of Fetal Bovine Serum (1%, 2%, 3% etc) and its effect on cells. The serum stock solution is prepared in the following way for 1%:
1980 uL media + 20 uL serum
and so on for the other concentrations. I use 6 wells for 1%, 6 wells for 2% and so on.
I have counted on a chamber that the concentration of my cells is: 5 x 106 cells/mL. I want to seed with 4 x 104 cells/well. The total volume of the cell should be 100 uL.
Calculate how you will accomplish this task. How to get a concentration of 4 x 104 cells/well by mixing cells with a volume of the serum stock solution?

Thank you
zusheva
newcomer
newcomer

Re: cell concentration and seeding

Postby relaxin » Dec 16 2016 6:20 pm

It looks like an examination or homework question. If we give you the answer, you will never learn.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Cell Culture