Housekeeper Genes

Use this category for questions related to various quantitative PCR methods, including real time PCR, reverse transcription (RT)/PCR, qPCR, etc. For general PCR methods, continue to use the DNA/General PCR forum

Moderators: r.rosati, Suzanne

Housekeeper Genes

Postby SMaria » Dec 24 2016 11:24 pm

I am new to RT-PCR, Real-Time PCR, as well as working with housekeeper genes. I analyze mice samples to determine if they have Lactate Dehydrogenase- elevating virus. I was given the task to find a house keeper gene that could help us ensure a negative result is truly a negative. I have searched literature and have found nothing published where this have been done. Can anyone led me in the direction of finding how to determine the best housekeeper genes and their primer sequences to accomplish the job I am trying to do? Thanks to anyone who can assist.
SMaria
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Housekeeper Genes

Postby relaxin » Dec 26 2016 5:57 pm

The best housekeeping gene is the one whose level does not change under your experimental condition. The primer sequences of some of them can be found in the following article. Some companies also sell multiple primers as a set. These may be cheaper than those synthesized individually. You can Google for "mouse housekeeping gene primers".

http://www.molvis.org/molvis/v16/a120/m ... 20-ren.pdf
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Real-Time qPCR/qRT-PCR Methods