Well, another issue with my microscope

Use for discussion of various microscopy and imaging techniques, such as phase, fluorescence and confocal microscopy, electron microscopy, and various other imaging techniques.

Moderator: r.rosati

Well, another issue with my microscope

Postby spadekevin » Jun 23 2018 12:40 pm

HI,

I've been noticing for a while now that when I go to a higher power objective and have to crank the condenser upward to get enough light, it will not stay where I put it. At first there is enough light, and then it slowly gets darker and darker until it's too dark, and then I have to crank the condenser back up because it slowly sinks back down, and sometimes not so slowly. It should not be doing this. I feel it should stay where I put it. This, together with the focusing slip makes it look like I got something of a lemon here. Has anyone else seen that behavior with their condenser? I'm thinking maybe I should have gone with Amscope.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.microbehunter.com/microscopy ... php?t=5808

Thank you.
spadekevin
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Well, another issue with my microscope

Postby mdfenko » Jun 25 2018 9:56 pm

i don't use microscopes routinely, so i may be completely wrong or you may have tried this already...

the condenser should have one or more screws attaching it to the microscope. one or more may be loose.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do
mdfenko
ModSquad
ModSquad

Return to Microscopy and Imaging Techniques