Reality TV for Scientists

Humorous stories from the lab. What were your biggest mistakes that you can now laugh about? (Keep it clean!!)

Moderators: Andrew Wiecek, Suzanne

Reality TV for Scientists

Postby Suzanne » Jul 10 2009 6:45 am

Nick and I wrote a fun blog on ideas we came up with for reality tv shows for scientists.
Check them out here:
http://bitesizebio.com/2009/07/10/reali ... cientists/

Here are the first two...

The Apprentice: 10 people who think they have what it takes to be scientists, but are actually super-incompatible social misfits specially selected by the producers, vie for a place in the lab of a nobel prize winning scientist. To prove their worth they have to perform a series of completely unrealistic experiments and when they fail spectacularly, they are fired.

Big Brother: A Drosphila-on-a-wall view of a lab group locked in 24-7 for three months. Bitching over coffee, showdowns with the PI and fighting over bench space. It’s going to get messy.

...for more laughs read our blog!
http://www.mobio.com/blog
Visit The Culture Dish!
Suzanne
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Reality TV for Scientists

Postby Myotis_rufopictus » Jul 28 2009 5:09 pm

One of my previous non-scientist boyfriends thought it would be funny to see people give presentations naked.
Reading about expression of genes "in Planta" makes me think they're doing it in margarine.
Myotis_rufopictus
supertech
supertech

Re: Reality TV for Scientists

Postby relaxin » Oct 14 2010 2:16 pm

It will add excitement to the presentations at the annual meeting of the Society for the Study of Reproduction.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Humor in Science