The theory of relativity on dating

Humorous stories from the lab. What were your biggest mistakes that you can now laugh about? (Keep it clean!!)

Moderators: Andrew Wiecek, Suzanne

The theory of relativity on dating

Postby relaxin » Feb 14 2013 3:36 pm

While your mother will advise you not to befriend with someone who is not as smart as you, hanging around ugly friends may get you an edge on finding a mate. This has been proven by a recent study from the researchers at the Italy's University of Padua using guppies. Whether this is also true for human may require a human study. It may be difficult to get this study approved by IRB though.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Re: The theory of relativity on dating

Postby mchlbrmn » Feb 14 2013 6:32 pm

So, until the human data comes through we should hang out with ugly guppies?
mchlbrmn
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: The theory of relativity on dating

Postby relaxin » Feb 14 2013 9:45 pm

No. Next time when you are in a scientific meeting, hang out with a group of ugly scientists, and see if you suddenly become more attractive.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Humor in Science