fellowships for teaching

Questions and answers about writing grants, the peer-review process, and other funding issues in biomedical research.

Moderators: Andrew Wiecek, Suzanne

fellowships for teaching

Postby researchwoman » Jul 05 2012 11:23 am

hey people
I was wondering if anybody here knows about fellowships for teaching positions...I am a researcher in a university with teaching experience in lab techniques...moving into more classroom teaching...
I was wondering if there are fellowships for PhDs with research experience to support teaching careers...so the university may not have to pay much of the salary and I may have some flexibility in choosing jobs...
maybe its a long shot, yet who knows
doors open for the brave explorers!!!;0
much luck to all!!:)
researchwoman
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Re: fellowships for teaching

Postby relaxin » Jul 06 2012 8:35 am

You may apply for a Fulbright Scholarship. The only catch is that you have to go to a third world country to teach natural science. That should be of no problem for brave explorers.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Re: fellowships for teaching

Postby CrowSan » Jul 09 2012 3:00 am

You could also check vacancies at local colleges. Often they advertise teaching lectureships (at least they do in the UK) that do not require you to have a teaching degree (like schools do).
CrowSan
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Grant-writing Tips & Funding Issues