Alternative career for life science resarchers

Discussions on career high points (and low points), problems, and helpful advice.

Moderators: Andrew Wiecek, Suzanne

Re: Alternative career for life science resarchers

Postby relaxin » Jun 27 2011 11:46 am

The resume for applying industrial positions has a different format from that of academia. You need to add a summary of your goal, talent, experience, and contribution to the company etc, at the top of the first page. You also need patience, it is a game of good match.

Remember, some supervisors will not hire someone who will become a threat of his/her career. So do not look too smart. :D
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby researchwoman » Jun 27 2011 11:56 am

Yup. Resume revamping big time. Thanks for the reassuring post.
researchwoman
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Postby payalmittalmay » Mar 28 2012 5:54 am

You can do work as a medical counselor and as a professor in any college.You can publish your books about life science for share your knowledge.You can also take advice from career coach.
payalmittalmay
newcomer
newcomer

Postby researchwoman » Apr 23 2013 3:01 pm

Hey all

I am now making a move from a semi-research+ teaching post to a full time teaching 'coming into my own' kind of positions at universities...
any advice on this transition is well appreciated...
thanks!
researchwoman
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Postby relaxin » Apr 26 2013 9:31 am

I guess this is a teaching position in a Liberal Arts college. It may be a good move, considering the difficulty in getting a research grant funded nowadays. If you are happy with this position, then it is a rewarding career.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Previous

Return to Careers in Research