SPAM SPAM SPAM

What do you hate or don't understand in the lab? What do you love about the research lifestyle?

Moderators: Andrew Wiecek, Suzanne

SPAM SPAM SPAM

Postby CrowSan » Aug 20 2010 1:55 pm

There's been a lot of Spam adverts on these sites recently.....I blame the people who actually buy from these &^^&*£^%!^%
if everyone said "I am not going to buy anything from a company who Spams me" then they would not send these damn things out.
CrowSan
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Re: SPAM SPAM SPAM

Postby mchlbrmn » Aug 20 2010 8:44 pm

The web site has been undergoing some upgrades recently. There is a glitch that interferes with the usual screening the moderators do to remove spam before it gets on the forum. So, please bear with us, we're deleting it when we see it, but for the time being spam is getting onto the forum. Hopefully in the end the system will be better than before at preventing spam and still giving easy access to new users.
mchlbrmn
ModSquad
ModSquad

Postby sing09 » Sep 23 2010 7:47 am

Hi mchlbrmn,

Wouldn't it be easier for the moderators, while the problem is not resolved, that the participants of the forum are able to report spam somehow? Perhaps a button beside the messages posted? This way you wouldn't have to be looking for them.

Take care,
Sing09

Not affiliated with any distributor or manufacturer of scientific goods/instrumentation. Mentioning a product is a result of personal preference and does not imply my endorsement of the product to the exclusion of other equally good ones.
sing09
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Postby relaxin » Sep 23 2010 1:18 pm

There is already a button (upside down triangle) with a "!", which is next the the "Quote" button.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby sing09 » Sep 24 2010 12:37 am

Thanks! I hadn't realized what the purpose for this button was.
Sing09

Not affiliated with any distributor or manufacturer of scientific goods/instrumentation. Mentioning a product is a result of personal preference and does not imply my endorsement of the product to the exclusion of other equally good ones.
sing09
Prolific Post-Master
Prolific Post-Master

Postby JMG » Dec 02 2010 4:08 am

Ah - that's what that button is for.

Thanks~!

JMG
JMG
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Return to Rants and Raves