MINIPROTEAN TETRACELL REVIEW?

Use this category for questions regarding problems manipulating proteins in molecular biology applications (expression, detection, etc.)

Moderators: mdfenko, leekaming

MINIPROTEAN TETRACELL REVIEW?

Postby exec » Aug 24 2016 2:13 am

I AM PLANNING TO PURCHASE BIORAD MINIPROTEAN TETRACELL. CAN PEOPLE WHO USED THIS LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD OR NOT. WE ARE CURRENTLY USING HOEFFER SE260. GOOD SYSTEM BUT GEL CASTING IS BIT DIFFICULT. I HAD HEARD SOMEWHERE THAT BIORAD GEL CASTING LEAKS. PLEASE GUIDE.

THANKS
exec
technophile
technophile

Re: MINIPROTEAN TETRACELL REVIEW?

Postby relaxin » Aug 24 2016 11:24 am

I used miniprotean cells (not a tetracell) and am happy with them. I casted two gels at a time, even though I only need one gel. Leaking does occur. Putting a strip of 3MM paper under the rubber base may prevent leakage. Also you need to check if the bottom of the two plates are even. Slight unevenness may be the source of leakage.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Re: MINIPROTEAN TETRACELL REVIEW?

Postby PorterNorman » Oct 11 2016 12:53 am

The only down side that I have is that I do not like Bio-Rad’s precast gels. They are not as good as the precast gels from other companies; I have found them to run less reproducibly and to be of lower quality overall. I have found it much easier to pour my own gels and obtain more consistent results.
Last edited by mdfenko on Oct 14 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove signature link to essay writing service
PorterNorman
newcomer
newcomer

Return to Protein Methods