Antibody Biotinylation

Use this category for questions regarding various immunological methods

Moderator: mdfenko

Antibody Biotinylation

Postby jonathan07 » Apr 30 2016 2:27 am

Hello,
I'm not use to do immunochemistry but I would like to biotinylate 500 microgrammes of an 2.4mg/mL antibody which means a volume of 208 microlitres.
To proceed to the biotinylation I will use the thermofisher kit n.21327 ( https://tools.thermofisher.com/content/ ... tin_UG.pdf) but there is something in the procedure that I don't understand concerning the part for proteins in solution:

I need to prepare the antibody in PBS according to calculation in Section A. I came on an volume of Biotin to add of 6.65 (6.7) uL for 208uL of Ab's but how much PBS do I need to add ?
Maybe it's a very basic question for some of you but if someone could please give me a hand , I would very appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jonathan
jonathan07
newcomer
newcomer

Re: Antibody Biotinylation

Postby mdfenko » May 02 2016 3:27 pm

in what buffer is your protein? if it is amine-free and within pH 7.2-8.0 then you don't have to exchange with pbs.

the calculation given in part A is to determine the moles of protein and how much biotin to prepare a 20-fold excess of biotin to protein (mole/mole). final reaction volume is not specified and, therefore, is probably not important (other than to ensure that you add enough biotin).
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do
mdfenko
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Antibody Biotinylation

Postby JaneSmithSkymeter » Jun 29 2016 9:09 am

Some companies provide antibody biotylation and the quality is high, you can search it on website.
JaneSmithSkymeter
technician-in-training
technician-in-training

Return to Immunology and Immunochemistry Methods