GFP gene

Non-professional visitors (i.e., lay people, high school and undergraduate students) or professionals from other fields should use this forum for general questions regarding molecular biology. No guarantee that they'll be answered but you can always try!

Moderators: r.rosati, mchlbrmn

GFP gene

Postby scm3 » Dec 14 2016 6:43 pm

Does anybody have the primer sequence of GFP gene?
scm3
newcomer
newcomer

Re: GFP gene

Postby relaxin » Dec 16 2016 6:16 pm

GFP forward, 5'-AAGCTGACCCTGAAGTTCATCTGC-3', and reverse, 5'-CTTGTAGTTGCCGTCGTCCTTGAA-3',

These PCR primers are obtained online, please double check with your own sequence.
Retired academic researcher. Mention of a specific product does not imply my endorsement of the product. No conflict of interest or guarantee to work on the advice given. Do as I say, not as I do. Not liable to the loss of your valuable samples.
relaxin
PI of Posters
PI of Posters

Postby PatriciaThomas » Nov 14 2017 8:45 am

GFP stands for green fluorescent protein reporter strains were inoculated into mice in a disseminated candidiasis model, and GFP production was monitored by immuno histochemistry and reverse transcription-PCR (RT-PCR). GFP production from the ALS1 and ALS3 promoters was detected immunohistochemically. ALS1, ALS2, ALS3, ALS4, and ALS9 transcription was detected by RT-PCR. I would probably Use eGFP N:CTGGTCGAGCTGGACGGCGACG eGFP C:CATGGTCCTGCTGGAGTTCGTG to sequence them.
PatriciaThomas
newcomer
newcomer

Postby 29yrsExperience » Dec 14 2017 7:08 pm

Just make sure you know exactly which GFP you are trying to amplify or sequence- there are a lot of variations and though the proteins have similar properties, the nucleotide sequences can be way different. This is because GFP genes have been extracted from various, very distantly related species from Jellyfish to copepods! Good luck!
29yrsExperience
technophile
technophile

Return to Student Questions