Reproduce or Adapt Graph info - Journal discontinued

Non-professional visitors (i.e., lay people, high school and undergraduate students) or professionals from other fields should use this forum for general questions regarding molecular biology. No guarantee that they'll be answered but you can always try!

Moderators: r.rosati, mchlbrmn

Reproduce or Adapt Graph info - Journal discontinued

Postby ops959 » Oct 30 2017 6:44 pm

I’ve read scientific papers that reproduce other papers’ data. I would like to adapt or reproduce a graph from a journal. The author I am not able to reach and the journal is old and discontinued. May I cite and proceed or is this still a copyright issue? Thanks for you opinions and assistance!
ops959
technophile
technophile

Re: Reproduce or Adapt Graph info - Journal discontinued

Postby 29yrsExperience » Nov 01 2017 8:22 pm

Hi ops959. Try contacting the Copyright Clearance Center (http://www.copyright.com), as they handle the permissions for many journals. They have some educational information and webinars on re-using published info. You can do a search on the journal title on this website, also there is a "contact us" option which will allow you to e-mail questions. I got an answer fairly quickly for a question I sent them, so try them out with this question. The journal may have been renamed or merged into another one, so do searches to see if this is so. Good luck!
29yrsExperience
technophile
technophile

Return to Student Questions